Evolution - delete mail behaviour

Paul Morgan paul.morgan at jumanjihouse.com
Thu Nov 13 12:30:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 09:30, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On my fresh Fedora Core 1 install Evolution acts non standard conform
> while deleting mails on the imap server.
>
> Normally if you choose to delete an email on the imap server the mail is
> marked to be deleted. To delete the mail you will have to choose a purge
> operation on the imap mail folder. That was still the case on my Fedora
> 0.95 test install with Evolution. But now on Core 1 Evolution an email
> is immediately erased if I choose delete.
>
> Can someone acknowledge / reproduce that behaviour?

There are at least two settings that can affect this.

First is View > Hide Deleted Messages which I believe is now checked by
default. If you uncheck this menu option, then evolution will show
deleted messages with a line-out until you expunge.

The second is Tools > Settings > Mail Preferences > Empty Trash Folders
on Exit.

HTH,
Paul