Fedora is good, but ...

Karl Dyson kdyson at messagelabs.com
Thu Nov 13 13:31:20 UTC 2003

<snip>
I did have a go at a LFS (Linux From Scratch), but
God knows what kind of build environment you need for that thing. On
four different distos (with three different gcc's/binutils/fileutils) I
couldn't make (literally) it even half way through.

So Fedora it is then.
</snip>

You might want to try Gentoo (www.gentoo.org). I built a Linux From Scratch, and it seemed to work OK, but I'd have spent all my time updating and patching. Gentoo works well for me.......

Cheers,