Local updates

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Thu Nov 13 14:12:10 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 01:49, Johan van den Berg wrote:

> I would ideally then like to change all the up2date's on all the
> machines to use our local repository to update fedora, but I have no
> knowledge of any of the above.
>
> Specifically, what mirror tool should I use, and how do I set up up2date
> to do local updates.

For a mirror, just check to see what is fast for you and you can use
wget or rsync or whatever works best.

As far setting up up2date to use locally, just edit
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file and towards the bottom of that file is a
place to add local dir's for up2date to use.

dir Packages /path/to/those/packages/

Note:  If you mirror Fedora Development (rawhide) then it should be yum
enabled so you can use it with up2date.  But if you have your own set of
packages, then you'll want to set it up to use yum or apt.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Do you hear me now?....GOOD!"