OT: CrossPlatform email client?

Paul Pianta pantz at lqt.ca
Thu Nov 13 22:23:24 UTC 2003

Is there a (decent) email client that works with a shared mail
> dir, on a fat32 drive, and has a Windows and a Linux client. It
> needs:
>
> to be easy to set up/install (complete newbie!)
> multiple account facilities (both pop and smtp)
> decent filtering, rules and folders setup

THUNDERBIRD my friend is all i have to say.

actually not ALL i have to say....

i have thunderbird setup on a fat32 partition that i share between my dual boot windows and linux installations. you can configure the folder setup so both os versions point to a folder on the fat32 drive and youre set!

also bayesian spam filtering, super easy and configurable message filters, blah, blah, thunderbird rocks, blah, blah