back to libcom_err.so.3

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Nov 14 00:17:59 UTC 2003

Globe Trotter wrote:
> OK, So I did the following: went back and copied all the files from my RH9
> /usr/kerberos/lib over.
>
> But I still get the following problem when I try to install the following:
>
> rpm -ivh openafs-krb5-1.2.9-rh9.0.1.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libcom_err.so.3 is needed by openafs-krb5-1.2.9-rh9.0.1
>
> This does exist, and is in /usr/kerberos/lib which I created after the
> transfer. Any suggestions as to what I can do here?

Step one, get the source (Actually, I guess step one would be to delete
the libraries you just copied in):

$ wget \
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.2.10/redhat-9.0/openafs-1.2.10-rh9.0.1.src.rpm

Two, build it.  You'll need at least rpm-build, flex, bison, and
ncurses-devel installed.  rpmbuild *should* tell you what else you need,
but that src.rpm doesn't have the full set of build pre-req's defined.
(Someone ought to contribute a fixed spec to IBM):

$ rpmbuild --rebuild openafs-1.2.10-rh9.0.1.src.rpm

Three, install any packages which you need from the built result.