yum update output

Karl R. Steenblik karlrhs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 14 09:22:18 UTC 2003

I am a Mandrake user who has choosen Fedora becuse of its open future.
I have been learning a few new things about Linux and Fedora in paticular.

I how have my yum repositories configured and I think it is working.  I
did have this print out when I finished my yum update.

> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Damaged Header
> /var/cache/yum/base/headers/kde-i18n-Czech-1-3.1.4-1.noarch.hdr
> getting /var/cache/yum/base/headers/kde-i18n-Czech-1-3.1.4-1.noarch.hdr
> kde-i18n-Czech-1-3.1.4-1. 100% |=========================|  20 kB    00:00
> Resolving dependencies
> Dependencies resolved
> I will do the following:
> [update: perl-DateManip 5.42-0.fdr.2.a.1.noarch]
> Is this ok [y/N]: y
> Bad Header for pkg tetex-fonts.i386 trying to get headers for the
> nevral - exiti ng
> [root at localhost karl]#

Can anyone tell me what this is saying in non tech speach?

Thank you and I hope the change is good for me..

Karl
Salt Lake City
USA