Fedora on the server

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Nov 14 13:14:58 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Brian Collins wrote:

> > > I wholeheartedly agree with that.  My most stable systems, now that I
> > > think about it, run 7.3.  My biggest beef with 8 & 9 has been the issue
> > > of RPM hanging occasionally, plus their complete reworking of the static
> > > routes in the /etc/sysconfig structure.
> >
> > Upgrade rpm on the 8 and 9 boxes. It fixed the hangs for me and others here.
> >
> > HTH,

> Thanks.  I got them all updated (using autoupdate) a few weeks ago, and
> I've had the problem since then.  But that might be a sporadic problem.

If you are still having the problem with rpm-4.1.1-1.8x on the 8.0 machines
or rpm-4.2-1 on the 9 boxes please bugzilla it with details so that JBJ can
track it down. There have been numerous reports of problems but AFAIK no one
has provided enough details for the cause to be identified and fixed. For
me upgrading fixed the problem 100%, but that is just my ~20 or so machines.

HTH,