Change the Redhat logo?

Konrad Kosmowski K.Kosmowski at
Fri Nov 14 14:44:46 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, PatrickM wrote:

> Any there any clues about how to change the Redhat logo from the program panel??
> Thanks!

AFAIK it is compiled for hard in GNOME. I mean the path for image is
compiled but you can of course change the image. :-) Just do something
like that:

# cd /usr/share/pixmaps
# mv redhat-main-menu.png redhat-main-menu-old.png
# ln -s your-favourite-icon.png redhat-main-menu.png

And it should do it. For GNOME at least. In KDE you can do this with few
clicks (AFAIR).

PS. You need to restart gnome-panel in order to see changes.

$ killall gnome-panel

...and it should respawn with new icon.