Installing Oracle9i

Marcello Mezzanotti mezzanet at iname.com
Fri Nov 14 15:34:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 20:38, Raúl Moratalla wrote:
> I'm trying to install Oracle9i Server on FC1 but it can't create the
> JavaVM and gives the next error
>
> /tmp/OraInstall/jre/bin/../lib/i686/green_threads/libzip.so: symbol
> errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> reference (libzip.so)
> Unable to initialize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread
> Could not create Java VM
>
> Must I install any old library for compatibility? Why does this happen?

follow the instructions to install on a rhel3.0, its the same for fc1

http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.html

| Marcello Mezzanotti <mezzanet at iname.com>            ICQ: 1845241 |
| Network/System/Security Administrator                            |
| http://mezzanet.homeunix.org                                     |
|                    Linux / FreeBSD / OpenBSD                     |

Oh my God, they killed INIT, you BASTARDS!!!!

BOFH Excuse: The UPS is on strike.