Real/Functional names in KDE/GNOME menus

Rick Johnson rjohnson at medata.com
Fri Nov 14 15:35:31 UTC 2003

Tomas Trejbal wrote:

> I would like to see "real names" of apps in the start menus rather than
> "funcitional names". I prefer "Mozzila" to "Web Browser"... How is this
> possible? Trully, I don't plan rename all the entries one by one :o)

It appears that these icons don't point to the real apps, but a launcher
script which checks user preferences (or global defaults) for browser,
mail program, editor, etc. If I were to choose Epiphany or Opera or Lynx
as my default browser within my preferences, "Web Browser" would apply
to any of those.

-Rick

Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - rjohnson at medata.com
Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)