Up2date, RHN, questions

Kevin Hanser Kevin at mica.net
Fri Nov 14 20:31:56 UTC 2003

I have a question about retrieving updates for FC1.  In previous
versions of redhat, the rhn-applet-gui would display a nifty icon on the
taksbar when there were updates for available packages.  (also could use
rhn-applet-tui from the command line to do the same)  Now with FC1, my
rhn-applet-gui always shows a blue checkmark, indicating that there
aren't any updates to be installed.  However, as I've read on the list
and looked @ the web site, there are a few updates available.

Is there a reason why the icon in the taskbar isn't working?  Do I need
to configure rhn-applet-gui to look someplace else, or does it just not
work anymore?  (If it doesn't work... are there plans to make it work
again?)

I've not used up2date in the past, but rather I would just manually
download the packages when I noticed there were updates...

thx