2 Gb File Size Limit ?

Matheesha m.weerasinghe at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 14 21:42:22 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 19:02, Mike Peterson wrote:
> I have greater that 32 GB Fat 32 partitions on Windows XP.
> There is no prevention mentioned when I did the install from scratch.

I just blasted a 47.85GB NTFS partition on Windows 2000 and attempted to
create another partition and format using FAT32 and it failed at the
last moment with the Immortal Words (TM) Logical Disk Manager: Volume
size too big."

So I guess that proves it. Though I am not sure how Windows XP behaves.
I am not sure how you made the 32GB FAT32 partition. I am not sure how
you made the partition but I assume it cannot be using the standard
method of making partitions in Windows using the disk manager snap-in.

M@