Linuxconf / Webmin / redhat-config-*

Kreg Steppe kreg at virtual1.net
Fri Nov 14 21:53:12 UTC 2003

Linuxconf was included in RH a while back, and was deprec'd.
I for one didn't like it. It had a horrible web interface, and the gui
was problematic. Also Linuxconf would own3d your config files.

Now webmin I like it is consistant, and easy to use, and doesn't keep
you from editing your config files by hand either.

However, I have done away with both now. I administer my system with vi.
The redhat-config-* are nice, I use the redhat-config-network a good
bit. However, you can't have all the options available in a gui prog.
Best thing learn your config files. you will be much happier.

Kreg