2 Gb File Size Limit ?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Nov 14 22:17:06 UTC 2003

On Friday 14 November 2003 13:42, Matheesha wrote:
> I just blasted a 47.85GB NTFS partition on Windows 2000 and attempted
> to create another partition and format using FAT32 and it failed at
> the last moment with the Immortal Words (TM) Logical Disk Manager:
> Volume size too big."
> So I guess that proves it. Though I am not sure how Windows XP
> behaves. I am not sure how you made the 32GB FAT32 partition. I am
> not sure how you made the partition but I assume it cannot be using
> the standard method of making partitions in Windows using the disk
> manager snap-in.

Windows itself is incapable of making the large Fat32 file systems.
Linux on the otherhand can create them just fine, and windows can read
them upon reboot.

Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)
Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)
Was I helpful?  Let others know: