Docbook (maybe a little OT)

Bill Johnson Bill at JohnsonAcres.com
Sat Nov 15 01:10:58 UTC 2003

Recently upgraded from Redhat 8.0 to Fedora Core 1.0.  So far, I love the
new distribution.

I use docbook and psgml to publish various docs, and tonight I attempted
to use that for the first time since upgrading.  When I attempted to
validate my sgml in emacs (psgml), I got the following error:

nsgmls:E: cannot open
"/usr/share/sgml/docbook/sgml-dtd-4.2-1.0-14/docbook.dcl" (No such file or
directory)

I looked in the above-mentioned directory, and found that it contains an
upgraded dtd -  sgml-dtd-4.2-1.0-22.1.  I have always been confused
setting up docbook, but love it once it's working.  I believe there is a
catalog somewhere I need to update, but don't know where it is.  Can
someone provide some guidance on how to get docbook working on Fedora?

Thanks!

Bill Johnson

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and
mighty things that thou knowest not."  Jeremiah 33:3