two ntp RPMs?

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sat Nov 15 14:43:34 UTC 2003

On Saturday 15 November 2003 11:11, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Mike Klinke wrote:
> >On Saturday 15 November 2003 05:45, Dave Roberts wrote:
> >>Nope. I had the same thing happen to me. I upgraded a RH9
> >>installation and then fired up synaptic and it complained the same
> >>way. There were all sorts of little things having issues,
>
> check your upgrade.log
> search for *.rpmnew *.rpmsave on your system

Thanks for the suggestion.  I didn't even consider that log!  Here's an
excerpt from mine:

=========  upgrade.log ================
Upgrading ntp-4.1.2-5.i386.
warning: /etc/ntp.conf created as /etc/ntp.conf.rpmnew
error: %post(ntp-4.1.2-5) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

I installed FC1 on Nov 8th.

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2875 Nov  8 20:20
/etc/ntp.conf

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         2798 Oct 29 11:07
/etc/ntp.conf.rpmnew

so the ntp update appears to have failed on my box.  Is there a way to
get the "scriptlet" mentioned above and run it in a way to see what's
choking?

Regards,  Mike Klinke