OT: CrossPlatform email client?

koolinus koolinus at tiscalinet.it
Fri Nov 14 22:46:24 UTC 2003

Tanto tempo fa, in una galassia lontana lontana, Bryan Anderson scrisse:

>Is there a (decent) email client that works with a shared mail
>dir, on a fat32 drive, and has a Windows and a Linux client. It
>needs:
>
>to be easy to set up/install (complete newbie!)
>multiple account facilities (both pop and smtp)
>decent filtering, rules and folders setup
>
>Basically I'm after The Bat! or maybe Eudora, that will work for both
>OS's......

Hi there.
Basically I have the same "problem" ... I was thinking about Thunderbird
from Mozilla.org.
You just decompress it and run the executable.

under Windoze seema not capable of antivirus checking with Norton or AVG.
It has a lot of "modules" in development and seems right now the one with
the brightest future.

With Eudora (which i'm using right now as you can see) you have 2 choices:
- buy CrossOver Office (about 35$ if i do remember right) and then poin the
"linux-installation" and the win-one to the same FAT32 diretory
OR
- import the *.mbx files in KMail/Evolution ..... seems that you only lose
the attachments that way. Still trying to figure that out.
I've got 3 years of e-mail in Eudora.MBXs...

--
       .~.           Nicola - KOOLINUS - Losito
     /  v \         icq: 62837984/110447626 - Jabber-ID: koolinus at amessage.de
    / /  \ \        http://koolinus.splinder.it
    ^^    ^^       Linux Registered User # 293182 on Fedora Core v1.0