mysql startup

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Sat Nov 15 17:00:00 UTC 2003

Ryan Rothert wrote:

>After an upgrade of a RH9 box to Fedora I get this when trying to start
>MySQL.
>
># /etc/init.d/mysqld start
>Timeout error occurred trying to start MySQL Daemon.
>Starting MySQL:                                            [FAILED]
>
>However, even though the script says it FAILED, mysql seems to be running
>just fine.
>

>Any thoughts on howto correct this?
>Thanks,
>
>Ryan Rothert
>

>--

FWIW, I see the same thing -- shows failed but started just fine.

If you stop and start MySQL manually I find that it stops quickly but
takes quite a while to start.  I presume from this that the timer or
whatever that is determining the pass/fail is not waiting long enough to
make a correct determination.  However I have no idea how to correct it.

Mike