a few questions about rhl9 -> fedora

redhat71 redhat71 redhat71 at inbox.lv
Sat Nov 15 19:40:13 UTC 2003

i fetched "up2date" & "yum" from fedora, installed them on my rhl9 then upgraded
the whole system (not exactly, see the questions below), basic it's smooth but
still got a few questions

1, kernel
the upgrade of kernel didn't finish successfully because the file
"/boot/message" does not exist
after doing some google, i commented that line and it seems to be OK
but the lilo menu is gone after restarted, now it's only "lilo:"

it's not really a problem but i still like to know if i can get the menu back,
and most importantly, what else problem there might be (after i commented that line)

2, perl
i can NOT upgrade perl packages because of conflicts with perl-CGI

3, rhn_register
since i am now fedora, i logged in rhn, removed my old record of rhl9 then
registered again

it prompted me something like "the registration is successful but not active
because of no channel subscribed"

this is not really a problem too, since i've managed up2date to use yum sources
i just want to confirm if this is the way it meant to be