Instalation

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Sat Nov 15 19:49:15 UTC 2003

Timothy Murphy ha scritto:
> On Saturday 15 November 2003 17:24, Arnaldo - - CT1DGC wrote:
>

>>I have the Redhat linux 9 installed and I want to migrate for Fedora
>>core 1.
>>Which it is installation type recommended by the members of this group:
>>
>>- Upgrade to FC1 without uninstalling RH 9?
>>- Or a clean installation?
>

> I think it's much simpler to upgrade.
> If that doesn't work for some reason you can always install.
>
> Personally, I've no wish to set up all my config files again.

  made both upgrade and fresh installation....both machines are
firewall/router/samba.
I suggest to go fresh, installation files are very few (a backup of
/etc/directory and /home directories will help)...
In any case upgrade broke something in samba from 2.2.8 to 3, so I had
to clear it and reinstall...that was very smooth on fresh installation.
On the other hand re-installing mail from my previous Mozilla 1.5 didn't
go well, maybe my fault...not sure about it.
If you do not have tons of additional application, I would go fresh
immediately

  Antonio

  Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  You can grab Mozilla at www.mozilla.org
  Scritto con Mozilla 1.4.1 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 1
  Puoi scaricare Mozilla presso www.mozilla.org