Fedora Directory Management Question

Richard E. Robbins RERobbins at iTinker.net
Sun Nov 16 02:21:15 UTC 2003

-- Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-admin at redhat.com] On
Behalf Of Christopher K. Johnson
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2003 7:55 PM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: Fedora Directory Management Question

Richard E. Robbins wrote:

>I see that I can use mount --bind /raid/folder /folder to get the
>effect that I want.
>How does that command get translated into something that I can stick
>into /etc/fstab?
>I didn't think that I could use an entry in the form of /raid/folder
>/folder.  Isn't the first field supposed to be a block device or remote
>-- Rich
Assuming the mount of /dev/md? as /raid/folder entry in fstab ends in "1
2" the above would look like:
/raid/folder    /folder    auto    bind    1 3

So it gets mounted *after* the raid device is mounted.

   Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021

fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list at redhat.com http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list