Up2date - stopped working

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Sun Nov 16 03:43:33 UTC 2003

On Sunday 16 November 2003 03:30, Bret Hughes wrote:

> AM I the only one that thinks this should have warranted some sort of
> notification from the team or person that made the change?  I now
> there was some issue with redirects or something but it seems that a
> basic service change like this should have been announced, if not
> before at least after the fact.  I am really ignorant as the the
> up2date deal but started digging into it yesterday.  And today it did
> not work :(
>
> Bret

I think the jury is still out as to whether this was an intentional
change or not.  I'm thinking more that the server has just failed for
some reason and it's the weekend.  But yes, you're right that it would
be pretty bad form to make a change like this without notifying folks
in advance.

Regards,  Mike Klinke