another yum and up2date question

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 14:07:26 UTC 2003

shortie wrote:
> hi, everyone
>
> after updating /etc/yum.conf, `yum -update` now works.
>
> after updating /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, rhn-applet now shows
> update-pending warning sign.
>
> when i choose 'start up2date' in rhn-applet, the program stops at
> 'This system may not be updated until it is associated with a channel.'
>
> what am i missing?
>
> many thanks.
>
> btw, I have update rhn-applet to 2.1.4 in test release.

Since you did an upgrade, the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file was
probably kept as originally set up. There should be a file called
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.rpmnew which will be setup to the information
that you need.

Attached to the message is my version of sources.works-for-me

Jim

--
An exciting adventure in downtown Maybury is in your future.