Gateway M500 won't install off FC1 CD

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 17 00:47:25 UTC 2003

Matt Wette wrote:
> I am currently running RH9.  I downloaded the Fedora ISOs and
> burned CDs.  I was able to boot off the FC1 disk 1 CD but the
> install program froze on the first screen (asking whether to check the
> CD).
>
> I ran into this exact problem when installing RH9 from CDs that
> someone burned for me.  When I went to the store and bought RH9
> CDs (in the red box) everything worked fine.
>
> Anyone know what the problem is here?

If you are talking about the keyboard not working after the media check
screen came up. I had a similar problem and disabled USB legacy support
in BIOS. I'm not sure if this did any good or not. Using a different
machine, I downloaded the first Severn beta, that had acpi enabled in
the kernel.  It installed with both factors  completed. (legacy USB
support disabled in BIOS and ACPI enabled in the kernel.)

Just my experience, maybe one or both ideas will get you up and running
on the machine.

Jim

--
Good news from afar can bring you a welcome visitor.