fonts in mozilla or netscape

Marina Buitrago buitrago at us.es
Mon Nov 17 11:02:37 UTC 2003

Maynard Kuona wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 21:12, Peter Kiraly wrote:
>
>>Hello!
>>
>>A question: when i install a new version of mozilla or netscape why does
>>the fonts look crappy? I cannot change the font like in the one came
>>with Fedora.
>>

> If you want the nice fonts make sure you install an XFT2 build,
> preferably a GTK2 one too. The normal build does not use anti aliased
> fonts.

Or, you can recompile the Mozilla source RPM without Xft:

1. rpm -Uvh mozilla-1.5-1.src.rpm

2. cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS

3. Edit mozilla.spec and remove "--enable-xft" from the "%define
toolkit_options" line.

4. rpmbuild -bb --clean mozilla.spec

I had to make a link from "/usr/lib/libXinerama.a" to
"/usr/X11R6/lib/libXinerama.a" to make this last step work.

--
Marina Buitrago Bravo (buitrago at us.es)
Servicio de Informática y Comunicaciones