two ntp RPMs?

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Mon Nov 17 17:44:55 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 November 2003 14:21, Doncho N. Gunchev wrote:
> > I didn't use apt/synaptic but rather the distributed ISO's to
> > upgrade from RH9 to Fedora and ended up with both ntp rpms too.
> > rpm -qa | grep ntp-
> > ntp-4.1.2-5
> > ntp-4.1.2-0.rc1.2
> >
> > Regards,  Mike Klinke
>
> $ rpm -e ntp-4.1.2-0.rc1.2
> then just to make sure...
> $ rpm -V ntp-4.1.2-5
> if there are problems - remove them bouth and install the new one

You're correct, I could do that but it might cure the symptom without
determining the disease.  I was hoping that someone could shed some
light on the question of the "scriptlet" to see if we can determine
what caused the error and perhaps get it fixed so others don't run into
this problem.

Regards,  Mike Klinke