Oracle 9.2 installation

Eric Beyer lnxfrk at samdog.net
Tue Nov 18 00:05:57 UTC 2003

From: "Gianni Bragante" <g.bragante at tin.it>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 12:02 PM

> I have tried to install Oracle 9.2 on Fedora C1 with more recent updates.
> Running the installer I get this error:
>
> Unable to load native library:
> /usr/temp/OraInstall2003-11-17_05-41-18PM/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol
> __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
time
> reference
>
> Any suggestion?
See the following site.
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml

What I did was follow the RH9 instructions as before but I think someone
mentioned to use the RHEL AS3 instructions. Anyway if you take the RH9 route
and downgrade glibc, et al for the install I would suggest copying the
install files to a hardisk as I found out that when I downgraded glibc the
'mount' broke. Amazingly I was able to reinstall FC1's glibc to continue the
install and eventually had a working database :)

Good Luck!
-E