Fedora for laptops ... Re: Dell Precision M60 LapTop (Built-in Wireless) support

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 18 03:57:20 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:54:55 -0500
"Jonathan C. Sitte" <jcsitte at staticnull.org> wrote:

> Gregory Gulik wrote:
> | One of these days I'm going to try to get the swsusp patches to work
> | with the Fedora kernel on my newer ACPI based laptop.
>
> What are you waiting for? :)

What are the advantages of the swsusp over a laptop's own
hibernate function(provided the laptop's own hibernate function works with
Linux)? All I have to do is hit Fn-F12 - or just hit the power switch - on
my computer and it hibernates (suspend-to-disk).  What do I get by trying
to get swsusp working?