sendmail masquerading

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Nov 18 09:17:20 UTC 2003

Can someone point me in the right direction here??

I looked through /etc/mail/sendmail.mc

I can't find MASQUERADE_AS() inside..

/etc/mail/sendmail.cf as I understand it, should not be edited. (unless I
know what I am doing and I don't! (GOSH!))

I'm using an external SMTP (smart_host). I would like the emails to be
masqueraded as user at my-isp.com  instead of user at my-laptop-name.com

Also.. I took a look at
http://www.sendmail.org/m4/masquerading_relaying.html#top

but since I can't find the MASQUERADE_AS(), I don't know what to edit.

PS : MASQUERADE_AS() or MASQUERADE_DOMAIN()??

Thanks

OW