configure fails to find existing packages

William John Murray w.murray at rl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 18 22:27:59 UTC 2003

  Hello there,
       I have tried to build a couple of programs in Fedora which fail,
with configure unable to find packages which do exist.
 e.g.  gweled ( http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/projects/gweled )

  The error in this case is as follows:

 >checking for libgnomeui-2.0,librsvg-2.0... Package libcroco was not
found in the pkg-config >search path.
 >Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libcroco.pc'
 >to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
 >Package 'libcroco', required by 'librsvg', not found
 >
 >configure: error: Library requirements (libgnomeui-2.0,librsvg-2.0)
not met; consider adjusting >the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so >pkg-config can find them.

Now I DO have libcroco-0.3.0-1 installed.

   Anyone any ideas?
          Bill