Fstab is modified each and every boot

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at decitaly.org
Tue Nov 18 12:00:43 UTC 2003

Hi everybody,

i am using Fedora Core and i have a little problem. Whenever i edit
fstab (as root) to add my own stuff (things like usbdisks or partition
that i didn't choose to mount at install time), everything looks ok.
When i reboot, any modification i made get zapped away.

It never happened with RH 7.3 and RH 8.0. Maybe Fedora needs a special
tool to add mountpoints in fstab?

It is definitely a minor problem, though extremely annoying: my config
is rather long and each and every boot i have to modify fstab. Right now
i am doing it with a script, but i'd like to fix it.

Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everybody.

E.