Xemacs crashes

nosp at xades.com nosp at xades.com
Tue Nov 18 02:26:54 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:31:39AM -0600, Ismael Isidro Hernández González wrote:
> Hi
>
> In gnome (kde works fine), when I try to maximize Xemacs, it crashes...
> if I kill the process with "killall xemacs" the output is:
[...]
> Somebody has the same problem? Any help?

Yes, known bug.  Search in bugzilla.redhat.com for xemacs and maximize.  It may be a metacity problem (in which case the bugzilla is bugzilla.gnome.org), I've forgotten.  I just don't maximize Xemacs anymore (although there is a magic key combo that stops the problem without crashing Xemacs - I can never remember it but try C-x C-g <mouseclick in xemacs window>).