Mounting SMB shares in /etc/fstab

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Wed Nov 19 02:15:59 UTC 2003

TYrying it with

mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,password=xxx,umask=000 //server/share
/mount/point
							  ^^^^^^^^^
and

mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,password=xxx //server/share /mount/point

sees no differences.

Trying it on a Fat32 or NTFS partition also yields no effect. Only Root is
able to write to it. Other users can read from it only.

How do I enable read/write permission to _all_ users??

trying -o rw also does not work.

Thanks.