One more thing - Crossover plugin

Keith G. Robertson-Turner redhat-forums at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 02:24:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 20:24, Edward Croft wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 14:18, Jack Bowling wrote:
>
> > Best way to get streaming media in your browser is to install mplayer
> > and the mplayer plugin for mozilla. Plays just about everything you
> > throw at it.
> I tried this and it said that it needed
> libaa.so.1,libdv.so.2,liblzo.so.1. I managed to find all three and
> install them, but up2date still complains with failed dependencies on
> libaa.so.1. I had to download and build that library. It is in place,
> but up2date still doesn't see it. I did do an ldconfig.

If you've install libraries that the system can't seem to find, then
check the following:

rpm -ql <the packages you installed> | less

Look carefully to see where all the libraries (*.so) files were
installed.

less /etc/ld.so.conf

Look at the paths there, and check that the path to the above libraries
is included. If it isn't, you'll have to add it and do an ldconfig
again. Also be aware that occasionally all it takes is a symlink from an
existing library to fix the type of problem you're having. For that,
you'll need to know the *exact* name of the resource file the <program>
is looking for. The easiest way (short of reading the accompanying docs)
of doing this is:

strace <program> >logfile 2>&1 && tail -f logfile

If you miss any of the error messages whizzing by, you can re-read the
log at your leisure with:

less logfile

Hope that helps a bit,

--