CD Recording software opinions asked

Hugues Talbot Hugues.Talbot at csiro.au
Wed Nov 19 02:45:03 UTC 2003

Personally I find xcdroast perfectly fine, and it does verify.

You can always verify the content by hand with the following
lines:

# (cd /mnt/cdrom ; find -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | sort >
/tmp/cdcontent.sums)
# (cd /home/me/files ; find -type f -exec md5sum {} \; | sort >
/tmp/filecontent.sums)
# diff  /tmp/cdcontent.sums /tmp/filecontent.sums

If you are comparing to a .ISO, mount the .iso first with
the loopback interface.

--------
Hugues Talbot, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Locked Bag 17, Building E6B, Macquarie University  North Ryde
NSW  2113  Australia           Ph: 61 2 9325 3208 Fax: 61 2 9325 3200

63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.