kppp

William O. Bray bray at math.umaine.edu
Wed Nov 19 03:30:59 UTC 2003

I installed FC1 on a Toshiba Sat 6000 dual booting with XP. No probem on
install or running updates, network in office, compiling Lyx 1.3.3 and Kile
1.6. Scilab works fine from the rpm file from the Scilab group (had to copy
the TK and TCL subdirectories to /usr/local/lib, though to get TK type stuff
working).
  Here is the question, I use kppp to dial up; as user it asks for the root
password in order to dial. Checked the permissions and users have permission
to exec. Have I missed this on the list??
 Bill