Replicating update download site

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 19 14:44:45 UTC 2003

On Nov 18, 2003 at 18:26, Gianni Bragante in a soothing rage wrote:

>I would like to create a local distribution point for Fedora updates inside
>my network. I have replicated the official ftp site where updates rpms and
>other files are available and shared it as ftp site in our internal network.
>However running up2date -u from a newly installed PC I get the following:
[...]
>The same result is obtained with the graphical interface.
>Why? How can I avoid downloading the same RPMs several times?
I would use yum. Put the rpms in one directory and run tym-arch on it.
Edit the clients' /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file to point to this
only. You would also have to amend your /etc/yum.conf to suit.

N.Emile...
The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of.
		-- Blaise Pascal
 09:33:06  up 2 days, 19:42,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00