Chinese support

gh gh2000 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 22:00:51 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am trying to install Chinese simplified support for a colleague in FC 1 but
I have some issues.

I need an English desktop with occasional Chinese text input for kmail, OO
etc.. Now my colleague has to change the "language" (system
setttings-->language, with root password!!), logout and log back in.
- How can I avoid the language/user change?

I believe that the Chinese input program installed is XCin. The feedback that
I get is that it is very slow and inefficient compared to the Windoze
version.
- Has anybody seen/installed something better?

Some guidance would be appreciated.

gh