Modem not detected

Aaron Konstam akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Nov 21 00:47:54 UTC 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:13:46AM +0100, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed Fedora last week and it works fine, except for my external
> modem (E-Tech E56RVP+). Initialy it was detected and included during
> install, but at all subsequent reboots kudzu complained, that the modem
> had been removed and gave me a choice to remove it. I thought removing
> it would force it to re-detect the modem: alas, this is not true.
>
> Now I am clueless how to get the modem reconnected.
>
> I checked using Windows, the modem is connected fine, just Fedora won't
> recognize it....
>
> Guus.
> --
I had the same problem initally. Only I was stubborn so I told it not
to remove the configuration, After that the modem just worked. I think
this should be bugzilla-ed. However, you allowed the configy=uration
to be removed so you are maybe in trouble. Although I suspect the
modem would work anyway If you set your initial AT commands in your
connection client.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University