Hello:I am new user in this mailing list

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Fri Nov 21 10:29:10 UTC 2003

Em Sex, 2003-11-21 às 04:51, Manilal K M escreveu:
> I am new user in this mailing list.
> My first doubt id that WHY FEDORA?
> waiting for your replies

Well... If you're new to linux...

1 - debian installation looks like a ms-dos 4 install, but with the last
disk missing;
2 - suse installation can easily use every megabyte of your hard drive
with SOOOOOO many packages, that you would have to take classes just to
know what they are;
3 - mandrake is cute... way too much. and I don't like kde anyway. Too
many colors, buttons, it's confusing.

(Just kidding, before someone starts a flame war here)

If you already used redhat, well, consider fedora as redhat 10. New
package versions, small modifications on bluecurve, no 2.6 yet. Anyway.

Believe me, redhat, and now fedora, just works. Its productive. In fact,
I use linux since yggdrasil with kernel 0.9 I think. And redhat 8 was
the first one which made me live in a desktop linux.. It's easy to work
with, compared, say, to a debian, slackware or even the openbsd I used
to have, it's easy to update, and it was the smoothest migration I've
ever seen, from redhat 8 to 9, and from 9 to fedora.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group