Strange Problem

Yanick Quirion yanick.quirion at neokimia.com
Fri Nov 21 14:25:09 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I want to install fedora on a HP Vectra VL420. When I boot from the first CDROM, the Fedora Logo is not display. This is not very a problem, but the other one is more important. I want to use fdisk to partition my hard disk. When I see the screen to partition HDD, I press CTRL-ALT-F2 to get a shell, but there is no shell started. If I make the same on another computer, by example an HP Omnibook, if I press CTRL-ALT-F2 from the same screen, I will have the shell (also on this one I saw the Fedora logo when I boot with disc 1).

Anybody have an idea on this?

Regards,

-----------

Yanick Quirion