Internet Configuration Wizard

David leutzdb at swbell.net
Fri Nov 21 15:06:15 UTC 2003

I have a DSL connection to the internet with SBC.  Using the Internet
Configuration Wizard one has to enter a provider name such as "SBC"
resulting in a file "/etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-SBC" being
created to hold its configuration data.

However during bootup, I received a message for file "ifcfg-ppp0" not
found and the connection is not made.

On a lark, I went back to the wizard, this time using provider name
"ppp0", resulting in a file
"/etc/sysconfig/networking-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0" for the config data.

Now during bootup, the ifcfg-ppp0 is found and the connection is made as
desired.

My question is, shouldn't the bootup have been properly trying to find
"ifcfg-SBC" when starting up ppp0 with the original configuration setup?

--

Dave