How about slowing down the Fedora release cycle to allow for more QA???

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Fri Nov 21 20:50:12 UTC 2003

Am Fr, den 21.11.2003 schrieb Michael um 20:24:
> YUM is a package management facility. I believe (correct my if I'm wrong
> pls up2date users), that up2date *can* use YUM, to do it's package-list

up2date can use yum repositories, but doesn't use yum itself. It has
those facilities build in. Yum repositories are ordinary ftp directories
with additional information which enabled yum-enabled software to solve
dependencies.

> It only comes into play, afaik, when you tell it to (Via up2date
> setup/config) use YUM for pakage management. I'm guessing the advantage
> to using yum, or apt, over up2date (Or, rather, an advantage) is that
> you are free to use non-rhn package repositories.. be them mirrored or

fedora updates are not available via rhn. In the future (after eol of
current RH Linux versions) I suppose rhn will be dedicated for paying
enterprise customers. No demo accounts any more.