USB card reader

Scott Burns scott at mirrabooka.com
Mon Nov 24 00:45:08 UTC 2003

A.J. Bonnema wrote:

> Ok, I found out I'm wrong: it *is* sda1. In one of the log files this
> was mentioned. Anyway, I formatted the disk in Windows and still get
> the same result.
>
> I strongly suspect that the filesystem is not a regular vfat and I
> have no idea how to mount this filesystem or how to find out how it is
> formatted.

Try this:
    dd if=/dev/sda1 of=test bs=1024 count=2
    file test

This will copy the first 2k of the card and put it in a file.  file will
then tell you what it thinks it is.

   You formatted it in windows.  What version of windows?  Is it XP?
 IIRC this default to a variant of NTFS and you will need a seperate
package to read it.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems