Questions about Fedora

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at redhat.com
Mon Nov 24 03:51:14 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 05:22, Torsten Giebl wrote:
> Hello Fedora Users !
>
> A few questions about Fedora, i am currently using Slackware:
>
> 1. Fedora is completely OSS, so i don´t have to pay
> for updates like it was with RHN ? So i will not only
> get security patched Packages but also new KDE packages aso. ?

True. Fedora does not talk to the Red Hat Network servers anymore.
Updates are available via either apt or yum.

> 2. Is it possible to update my Fedora Installation like Debian does
> without having to download new Release ISOs and use them ?

True again. You *might* want to download isos between major releases,
but you should be able to use apt or yum as well if no major changes
break things. Keep an eye on the mailing lists.

> 3. I read somewhere that is is possible to use APT with Fedora.
> Is this true ?

True. See above. :)

--
Chris Kloiber