ACPI battery module broken?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sat Nov 22 19:33:19 UTC 2003

Am Do, den 20.11.2003 schrieb Robert Brimhall um 07:08:
> May want to check your dsdt at http://acpi.sourceforge.net/... I had
> this problem on my dell i8500 using red hat 9 and acpi... I had to patch
> in the dsdt to get the battery to work properly. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the information. I just could spend some time to further
investigate into the issue. I couldn't found a DSDT for my IBM model,
but in bugzilla there is some discussions about similar models. Looking
throug dmsg I found the following:

IBM machine detected. Enabling interrupts during APM calls.
ACPI: RSDP (v002 IBM                                 ) @ 0x000f6b40
ACPI: XSDT (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110  LTP 0x00000000) @ 0x1ff6c263
ACPI: FADT (v003 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110 IBM  0x00000001) @ 0x1ff6c300
ACPI: SSDT (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110 MSFT 0x0100000e) @ 0x1ff6c4b4
ACPI: ECDT (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110 IBM  0x00000001) @ 0x1ff77e26
ACPI: TCPA (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110 PTL  0x00000001) @ 0x1ff77e78
ACPI: BOOT (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110  LTP 0x00000001) @ 0x1ff77fd8
ACPI: DSDT (v001 IBM TP-1R 0x00002110 MSFT 0x0100000e) @ 0x00000000

I'm wondering about the last number of the last line. Do you know if it
indicates a broken DSDT?

Some lines later I fount:

ACPI: Found ECDT
schedule_task(): keventd has not started
    ACPI-0178: *** Warning: The ACPI AML in your computer contains
errors, please nag the manufacturer to correct it.
    ACPI-0181: *** Warning: Allowing relaxed access to fields; turn on
CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG for details.
ACPI: Interpreter enabled
ACPI: Using PIC for interrupt routing

I studied the information given by the ACPI project but can not decide,
if the AML problem is related to the DSDT issue (which seems to be a
critical one). Do you know about it?

Thanks
Peter