I have nothing but good things to say!

Bryan Anderson fedora at bryananderson.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 10:04:51 UTC 2003

Having tried Mandrake 7.2 a few years back, Mandrake 9.1 and Redhat 9 a
while ago and gone back to Windows each time, I have nothing but good
things to say about Fedora Core 1.

Everything seems to work - I can use all the shares on the other Windows
box (never got that working in Mdk7.2); I can print to all the shared
printers (the Epson wouldn't work under RH9); my usb Sony Clie syncs
with Evolution (wouldn't work at all with RH9 or Mdk9.1).

I have Crossover Office running Dreamweaver MX and am in two minds on
whether to install Offixe XP or not - OpenOffice seems to do everything
I want.

The only two things (well, so far!) that disapoint are my scanner not
working (Canon FB630P) but I see that there is a driver out there, I'm
just not yet brave enough to look into it to hard, and there's no real
alternatives (that I have found) for CorelDraw and MS Publisher. Oh, I
might be one of the few people that can't get on with The Gimp as well.
I just don't get the interface at all.

Otherwise - and they can't be blamed for the things above - well done
the FC Team!

Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>