Top posting and "no subject" messages.

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Nov 24 12:34:31 UTC 2003

T. Ribbrock wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 01:18:53AM -0000, Roger Beever wrote:

> > > It does not help when your email client always starts you are the top of
> > > the reply

> > I *never* understood that "excuse".

> > A little out of contest as I was making the point regarding newbies to Linux

> Fair enough, but I took that quote on its own on purpose, as I've
> heard that excuse over and over again - and it just doesn't make
> sense. The placement of the cursor has nothing to do with quoting and
> it's important (IMO) that also newbies understand that.

The top is the logical place to begin to trim out the portion of the
quote that is irrelevant to your reply, but I doubt there are many
Outhouse Excess users to whom it occurs that they can or should trim the
quote. :-(
--
"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble."
                                                1 Peter 5:5 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/