Alcatel SpeedTouch USB @ Fedora Core 1

Fulvio fulami at interfree.it
Mon Nov 24 12:49:38 UTC 2003

yes I can, but my english is not very well because I'm Italian, however I'll try to help you

you must go in this url: http://speedtouchconf.sourceforge.net/

you follow the howto online then when your modem function, you need to insert this line in /etc/rc.local:
rmmod speedtch

in this way on boot linux unloads speedtch module and you can run adsl with:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/speedtouch start

to stop your adsl you can use:
killall -9 pppd

to reload your adsl you can use:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/speedtouch reload

to run your adsl from boot you can insert this line in /etc/rc.local:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/speedtouch start
after line rmmod speedtch

moreover if you want synchronize your pc's clock insert this line in /etc/rc.local:
service ntpd start

but I'm not very sure that these informations are exacts,

that's all,
bye bye,
Fulvio from Sicily