I think fedora needs...

Bryan Anderson fedora at bryananderson.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 13:26:51 UTC 2003

Alex F. Evonosky wrote:

>>CorelDraw equivalent
>>MS Publisher equivalent
>>PhotoShop/PaintShopPro equivalent
>>Kazaa/Soulseek clients
>
> Most of the above works w/ codeweavers Wine.

I have CrossOver Office (I bought it after two days of the demo!) and
that does run Dreamweaver but I'd guess at it being at least 10% slower,
maybe more, than Windows. I could live with that I guess.

I tried PhotoShop in it and it's too slow to use properly. A specific
Linux version would be much faster I am sure.

I've also installed plain Wine, but as yet haven't been able to get it
to do anything other than run notepad.exe - I can't get it to install
any other software yet. I need to have a good read through the
documentation I think, but there are reports that CorelDraw does work
with a few problems, as does Kazaa Lite with some fiddling, so those are
the two that I will try.

Bryan Anderson <fedora at bryananderson.co.uk>